Take advantage of a range of exclusive member-only benefits including:
Events, Courses, Conference and Networking
- SMA Member pricing for the annual SMA Conference and professional development events.
- 10% discount off all SMA training and Safer Sport courses.
- Exceptional interdisciplinary networking and referral opportunities.
Career Advancement, Profile and Recognition
- Eligible for Awards consideration at the SMA Conference.
- Eligible to apply for Sports Medicine Australia Research Foundation Grants.
- Eligible to stand for Elected Director positions on the SMA Board.
- SMA voting rights.
- Eligible to stand for SMA State Council positions.
- Eligible to apply for the prestigious Australian Sports Medicine Federation Fellowship after 7 years’ membership.
- Pathway for inclusion on medical teams at major sporting events.
- Exclusive SMA Members logo.
- Advertise jobs and career opportunities on the SMA Jobs Board.
Research, Publications and Industry News
- Printed subscription to Sport Health magazine (4 per year).
- Digital subscription to Sport Health magazine (4 per year).
- Digital subscription to academic journal JSAMS, and companion journal JSAMS Plus.
- Monthly SMA industry news.
Sports Trainer Insurance (Optional)
- A free optional tailored insurance package for sports trainers insurance covering public liability, products liability, professional indemnity and personal accident cover. For SMA accredited Sports Trainers only.
$150 AUD (GST inc.) per annum
To be eligible, you must:
- Hold a recognised and approved three-year (minimum) tertiary degree in the last 12 months. Degree must be in a field related to sports medicine/sports science and approved by SMA’s National Board.
- Provide copies of your qualifications.
- Accept SMA’s Code of Ethics.
- Have no criminal convictions.
- Have no ruling or history of action determined to be injurious or prejudicial to the objects or interests of SMA, its members or the sports medicine discipline generally, which could bring SMA into disrepute.
- Uphold the vision, mission and values of Sports Medicine Australia.
Please be aware Recent Graduate membership is capped at a maximum of one year. Following this period, you will be upgraded to a SMA membership.
For further enquiries, please direct your enquiry to [email protected] or call our Membership team on 1300 711 211.