Courses and Training
We offer the following industry recognised training courses:
- Level 1 Sports Trainer
- Level 1 Sports Trainer – Allied Health
- Level 2 Sports Trainer
- Level 1 Sports Trainer Re-Accreditation
- Level 2 Sports Trainer Re-Accreditation
- Introduction to Sports Taping
- Introduction to Kinesiology Taping
- Advanced Sports Taping
- Introduction to Sports Massage
- Concussion Management
SMA Sports Trainer Membership
We encourage all working sports trainers to sign up as a SMA Sports Trainer Associate to take advantage of a range of exclusive benefits.
A major benefit is the specially tailored insurance package which has been carefully designed for working sports trainers and is available to accredited SMA sports trainers (either Level 1 Sports Trainer and/or Level 2 Sports Trainer).
If you’re not already signed up, take advantage of a 30% discount on your Sport Trainer Associate package ($105 instead of $150) when registering for an already discounted “course plus Associate package bundle” for any of SMA’s Sports Trainer or Sports Trainer Reaccreditation Courses. Once you’ve purchased the bundle, a discount will be applied to all future registrations.
More about the Sports Trainer Associate package.
About our courses
Our training courses have been developed as part of Sports Medicine Australia’s Safer Sport Program, which was initiated in 1983 to:
- Create a safe playing field in which all Australians can actively and freely participate.
- Encourage sport and physical activity.
- Educate community members about healthy lifestyle choices and the associated benefits that physical activity and sport play in reducing lifestyle diseases.