The Order of ASMF Fellows was established in 1984. The Fellows are the elite group within Sports Medicine Australia.
The broad objectives of the Fellows are to:
- promote excellence in the field of sports medicine
- encourage young members’ research and scientific endeavours
- recognise the contribution of members to SMA.
Some of the notable contributions in recent years includes:
- supporting the Refshauge Lecturer at the SMA Conference
- mentoring young poster presenters at the SMA Conference
- supporting the ACSMS Awards
- contributing financially to the Physical Activity supplement of the Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport.
ASMF Fellows have contributed by being a full member for seven years, attending Australian and international conferences, having research published in national or international publications, obtaining higher tertiary qualifications, assisting in the administration of some SMA projects and lecturing at workshops.
Becoming a Fellow
Sports Medicine Australia invites all current full members with a minimum of seven years membership to apply for Fellowship. Applications for 2019 Fellowship are now closed and will reopen mid 2020.
For further enquiries, please contact SMA on (03) 9674 8702 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our new Fellowships will be announced at the ASMF Fellows Dinner at the annual Sports Medicine Australia Conference.
List of Fellows
To view a complete list of fellows Click here.
Sir William Refshauge Lecturers
2019: Trish Wisbey-Roth
2018: Associate Professor Greg Hoy
2017: Dr Louise Burke OAM
2016: Professor Peter O’Sullivan
2015: Dr Peter Brukner
2014: Dr Danny Green
2013: Mr Craig Purdam
2012: Professor Karim Khan
2011: Professor Ken Fitch
2010: Professor Peter Fricker
2009: Professor Caroline Finch
2008: Professor Wendy Brown
2007: Dr Sandy Gordon
2006: Dr Tim Olds
2005: Dr Jill Cook
2004: Dr Bruce Abernethy
2003: Dr Brian Sando
2002: Dr Paul McCrory
2001: Dr John Bloomfield
2000: Dr Julie Steele
1999: Dr Brian Corrigan