Student Associates can take advantage of a range of exclusive benefits including:
Events, Courses, Conference and Networking
- SMA Member pricing for the annual SMA Conference and professional development events.
- 10% discount off all SMA training and Safer Sport courses.
- Access career opportunities on the SMA Jobs Board.
Research, Publications and Industry News
- Digital subscription to Sport Health magazine (4 per year)
- Monthly SMA industry news
- 25% discount off all book purchases from Elsevier Health.
The Student Membership is FREE for students who meet the eligibility criteria below.
Student Membership is available to both Australian and International Students.
To be eligible for a Student Associate packge, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in full-time education. Educational institutions which are able to be considered include Universities, TAFEs, and Business Academies.
- Be studying a degree relevant to sports medicine and exercise science. SMA will consider applications from a range disciplines including (but is not limited to) sports medicine, sports science, exercise science, physiotherapy, podiatry, psychology, nutrition, osteopathy, chiropractic, physiology, biomechanics, dentistry, public health. If you are studying a course which is not listed, please feel free to contact the membership team on 1300 711 211 or email [email protected] for further information.
- Accept SMA’s Code of Ethics.
- Have no criminal convictions.
- Have no ruling or history of action determined to be injurious or prejudicial to the objects or interests of SMA, its members, or anything which may bring SMA into disrepute.
SMA’s Student Membership is capped at 4 years maximum.
Within 12 months of graduation, you will be eligible for SMA’s Recent Graduate Membership Category.
For students working as Sports Trainers, SMA’s Sports Trainer Member will ensure you are covered by insurance while working as a Sports Trainer, together with a range of other valuable benefits.
For further enquiries, please direct your enquiry to [email protected] or call our Membership team on 1300 711 211.