Sports Trainer Associate
SMA Sports Trainer Assoicates can take advantage of a range of benefits including:
Sports Trainer Insurance
- A tailored insurance package for sports trainers covering public liability, products liability, professional indemnity and personal accident cover. For SMA accredited Sports trainers only.
Events, Courses, Conference and Networking
- SMA Member pricing for the annual SMA Conference and professional development events.
- 10% discount off all SMA training and Safer Sport courses.
Career Advancement, Profile and Recognition
- Pathway for inclusion on medical teams at major sporting events.
- Exclusive SMA Members logo.
- Access career opportunities on the SMA Jobs Board.
Research, Publications and Industry News
- Digital subscription to Sport Health magazine (4 per year).
- Monthly SMA industry news.
- 35% ASICS shoe discount as part of the Professional Buyers Program (4 pairs per calendar year).
- 25% discount off all book purchases from Elsevier Health.
- 20% off recommended retail price of all Strapit sports tape and medical supplies items.
$150 AUD (GST inc.) per annum
To be eligible applicants must:
- Have current Sports Trainer Accreditation completed with SMA (Either Level 1 Sports Trainer and/or Level 2 Sports Trainer).
- Accept SMA’s Sports Trainer Code of Ethics.
- Have no criminal convictions.
- Have no ruling or history of action determined to be injurious or prejudicial to the objects or interests of SMA, its members or Sports Medicine, or which brings SMA into disrepute.
Please contact the SMA Membership team on 1300 711 211. or email [email protected] if you have any questions or would like clarification regarding the status of your Sports Trainer accreditation.
For further enquiries, please direct your enquiry to [email protected] or call our Membership team on 1300 711 211.