SMA Sports Doctor Membership
Take advantage of a range of exclusive member-only benefits including:
Events, Courses, Conference and Networking
- SMA Member pricing for the annual SMA Conference and professional development events.
- 10% discount off all SMA training and Safer Sport courses.
- Exceptional interdisciplinary networking and referral opportunities.
Career Advancement, Profile and Recognition
- Eligible for Awards consideration at the SMA Conference.
- Eligible to apply for Sports Medicine Australia Research Foundation Grants.
- Eligible to stand for Elected Director positions on the SMA Board.
- SMA voting rights.
- Eligible to stand for SMA State Council positions.
- Eligible to apply for the prestigious Australian Sports Medicine Federation Fellowship after 7 years’ membership.
- Pathway for inclusion on medical teams at major sporting events.
- Exclusive SMA Members logo.
- Advertise jobs and career opportunities on the SMA Jobs Board.
Research, Publications and Industry News
- Printed subscription to Sport Health magazine (4 per year).
- Digital subscription to Sport Health magazine (4 per year).
- Digital subscription to academic journal JSAMS, and companion journal JSAMS Plus.
- Monthly SMA industry news.
Sports Trainer Insurance (Optional)
- A free, optional tailored insurance package for Sports Trainers covering public liability, products liability, professional indemnity and personal accident cover. For SMA accredited Sports Trainers only.
$395 AUD (GST inc.) per annum
SMA membership is open to professionals across the sports medicine and sports science discipline, including but not limited to: Physiotherapists, GPs, Sports Doctors, Sports Physicians, Accredited Exercise Physiologists, Exercise Scientists, Sports Scientists, Physiologists, Biomechanists, Sports Dietitians, Sports Psychologists, Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Podiatrists, Physical Activity Academics and Researchers, Public Health Experts, Orthopaedic Surgeons and Teachers. It is also open to academics and others interested in sports medicine.
To be eligible for SMA Membership, you must:
- Accept SMA’s Code of Ethics.
- Have no criminal convictions.
- Have no ruling or history of action determined to be injurious or prejudicial to the objects or interests of SMA, its members, or anything which may bring SMA into disrepute
- Uphold the vision, mission and values of Sports Medicine Australia.
For further enquiries, please direct your enquiry to [email protected] or call our Membership team on 1300 711 211.