Sports Medicine Australia is thrilled to announce the ‘Karen Schneider SMA Safer Sport Award’ that will be presented for the first time at the 2022 Northern Territory Sports Awards!
This award was created by Sports Medicine Australia to celebrate Karen Schneider’s contribution to sports and exercise physiotherapy in the NT. The award will be presented at the Northern Territory Sports Awards to a person or persons who have contributed to creating a safer sporting environment for their team, players or community.
Karen was a leader of her profession through her involvement with Sports Medicine Australia, at both a State and National level, as a member of the Northern Territory branch of Sports Medicine Australia (SMA) (1988 – 2016), Sports Medicine of Australia National Council (1995 – 2002), the Sports Medicine Australia National Board (2005 – 2014/15) and performed the role Northern Territory Branch President of Sports Medicine Australia (2016-2020).
Karen Schneider Achievements
· 2016 – 2020 President, NT Sports Medicine Australia
· 1995 – 2016 – NT Sports Medicine Australia Council Member
· 2005 – 2014/15, National Board, Sports Medicine Australia
· 1992 – 2016, 2018 Volunteer, Alice Springs Masters Games
· 1991 – 2012, 2018 Arafura Games, Sports Medicine Physiotherapist In Charge
· 2006, Commonwealth Games, Melbourne, Volunteer Physiotherapist (Selection open to Commonwealth)
· 1999, Life Member, Netball NT
Nominations for the Karen Schneider SMA Safer Sport Award are now open – Nominations will be accepted via the following link: https://sportsawardsform.nt.gov.au/