On behalf of the Board of Sports Medicine Australia, I am delighted to announce the launch of a new Strategic Plan that will guide the direction of the organisation through to the end of the 2024 financial year.
The new, three-year Strategic Plan, sponsored by the Board and driven forward by our new CEO Jamie Crain, includes a one-page Strategy Map that shares a new Vision and Mission in which cements SMA as the peak multi-disciplinary body of choice and authority on sports medicine.
The three strategic themes of Members First, Peak Performance and Future Fitness have specific priorities and goals that SMA would like to achieve in the next three years.
Members First – Grow paid membership by 22.5% per year by FY24
- Develop our range of multidisciplinary Professional Development and Educational member events
- Increase member value and engagement across our range of services (MVP, structure)
- Build our influence and advocacy to drive the public conversation
Peak Performance – Deliver consistent returns of 10% net surplus by FY24
- Expand and develop our revenue streams
- Deliver consistently high quality member services
- Increase our operating margin by improving our internal processes
Future Fitness – Grow our revenue by 26% per year by FY24
- Integrate our systems and financial resources to enable future growth
- Build our brand and reputation: excellence and expertise
- Grow our strategic partnerships and collaboration to increase our impact and influence
Our focus as an organisation is to put our members first, this is the sole reason we exist and the Strategy Map has been designed to do just that, with over 40 initiatives set for staff to achieve the set targets.
Click here to view the Strategic Map.
Chair, Board of Directors
Sports Medicine Australia