These new resources have been developed to provide assistance to active women across the lifespan.
The range of resources includes information on Nutrition for Active Women, Bone Health for Active Women, Pregnancy and Exercise, Exercise for Young Women and Exercise for Women over 50.
Sports Medicine Australia – Victorian Branch wishes to thank the sports medicine professionals and Active Women in Sports Project partners who assisted in the development of these fact sheets. They have been developed with support from the Victorian Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure.
- Nutrition for Active Women
- Bone Health for Active Women
- Pregnancy and Exercise
- Exercise for Young Women
- Exercise for Women Over 50
- Exercise and breast support
- SMA Pregnancy Statement
- National Physical Activity Guidelines
- Nutrition for the Adolescent Athlete
- Dr Marg Torode – Guidelines on the participation of the Pregnant Athlete in contact and collision sports
- Professor Wendy Brown – The benefits of sport for the pregnant woman
- Associate Professor Caroline Finch – The risk of abdominal injury to women during sport