We invite you to nominate for a Sports Medicine Australia State Council position for the 2023/24 financial year.
Being part of your State Council is a way of giving back to the Sports Medicine community, representing your profession regionally and nationally, and building your networks.
The primary purpose of the State Councils is to act as representatives from the membership and industry at a regional level, and help develop appropriate professional development opportunities for SMA members.
Responsibilities of the State Council are listed below, and all Council representatives are expected to actively assist with these activities.
- Professional development events: Suggest PD event topics that are current and relevant to SMA’s diverse membership. (A minimum of five 1-2 hour events and one symposium per year, per Council).
- Ensure that all initiatives, driven both locally and nationally, are successful.
- Host nationally organised events at a local level (e.g. roadshows) for the benefit of all members.
- Support membership drives.
- Find and coordinate volunteers to assist with local activities.
- Provide feedback to SMA staff on a range of local issues.
- Recommend to SMA the appropriate use of resources for supporting local activities that promote the SMA brand and profile.
State Council Members must be current SMA Members and reside in the state/territory of their nomination.