Sports Medicine Australia, on behalf of the 2021 SMA Conference Committee would like to announce a change to the 2021 Abstract Submission Rules and announce an extension to submission deadlines, in light of the unique circumstances created by COVID-19.
SMA is committed to providing researchers with the opportunity to present their research in a face-to-face environment, with a greater chance for dialogue and feedback. This will also provide SMA members and delegates with the opportunity to see and hear the latest research to inform their practice.
Revised Abstract Submission Rules
The SMA Conference Committee have listened to the experiences and feedback from researchers impacted by limited conference and presentation opportunities in 2020. In response to this, the Committee has adjusted the conference submission rules, for 2021 only, in the following ways:
- Any research published after October 2020 or that has been a virtual conference presentation can be submitted for SMA Conference 2021.
- All abstracts nominated for an award will be considered, regardless of whether they are published or unpublished. Awards will be based on merit and determined as per the judging guidelines.
- Researchers who submitted an abstract, symposia or workshop in 2020 for the SMA Conference that did not go ahead, can re-submit the same abstract for the 2021 SMA Conference.
Revised Submission Deadlines
In order to allow researchers to respond to this change in rules, Symposia/Workshops and Abstract submission deadlines have been extended by 2 weeks. Revised submission deadlines are now as follows:
- Symposia and Workshops submission deadline: Wednesday April 14, 11.59pm (AEST).
- Abstracts submission deadline: Friday May 14 11.59pm (AEST).
If you have any questions about these changes or need support relating to a submission, please contact SMA at email@example.com or call 1300 711 211.