In 2021 we launched a new Strategic Plan that guides the direction of SMA through to the end of the 2024 financial year.
The Strategic Plan includes a one-page Strategy Map that shares a Vision and Mission that cements SMA as the peak multidisciplinary body of choice and authority on sports medicine.
The three overarching strategic themes of Members First, Peak Performance and Future Fitness have specific priorities and goals that SMA aims to achieve across the three years.
Members First – Grow paid membership by 22.5% per year by FY24
- Develop our range of multidisciplinary Professional Development and Educational member events.
- Increase member value and engagement across our range of services (MVP, structure).
- Build our influence and advocacy to drive the public conversation.
Peak Performance – Deliver consistent returns of 10% net surplus by FY24
- Expand and develop our revenue streams.
- Deliver consistently high quality member services.
- Increase our operating margin by improving our internal processes.
Future Fitness – Grow our revenue by 26% per year by FY24
- Integrate our systems and financial resources to enable future growth.
- Build our brand and reputation: excellence and expertise.
- Grow our strategic partnerships and collaboration to increase our impact and influence.
Our focus as an organisation is to put our members first, this is the sole reason we exist and the Strategy Map has been designed to do just that, with over 40 initiatives set for staff to achieve the set targets.