Level 2 Sports Trainer Re-Accreditation
Sports Medicine Australia’s (SMA) Sports Trainer accreditation is valid for 3 years and should be updated before the expiry date. The SMA re-accreditation procedure involves demonstrating competency in the skills of a Level 2 Sports Trainer and provides the opportunity to update your skills and knowledge with the latest techniques and information.
- Current SMA Level 2 Sports Trainer accreditation or an accreditation which has expired for less than 6 months
- HLTAID003 or HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (completed within 3 years)
- HLTAID001 or HLTAID009 Provide CPR (completed within 12 months)
- PUAEME004 Provide Emergency Care for Suspected Spinal Injuries(completed within 12 months)
- Letter of industry experience from their employer or club/association detailing at least 50+ hours of work (paid or unpaid) as a Sports Trainer in the last 12 months. Please contact the local SMA Office (in the region the course is to be held) prior to enrolling in the course if you are unable to provide this.
Please note: evidence of the above prerequisites must be provided to SMA prior to attendance at a course. Students who do not provide sufficient evidence of the required prerequisites will have their enrolment deemed incomplete. Students who do not complete the enrolment process within 15 business days of the course start date, will be unenrolled
Upon completion of this course, students will receive a Sports Medicine Australia Level 2 Sports Trainer Qualification valid for 3 years.
To enrol, students must be a minimum of 16 years of age. Children under 16 may be accepted on a case-by-case basis upon application to their local SMA Office (in the state where the course is to be held). This ensures the student has the necessary skills to undertake training and assessment requirements.
SMA now offers two methods for re-accreditation, so you can choose the options that suits you.
OPTION 1 – Internal Accreditation
This option allows sports trainers to attend a 4-hour face to face re-accreditation course.
OPTION 2 – External Accreditation
This option allows sports trainers to re-accredit external to a course by being assessed on a set of competencies by an approved health care professional. Please contact your local SMA Office if you wish to undertake an external re-accreditation.
Students will be assessed as follows:
- Lecturer observation and practical assessment
- Written assessment
Students are provided with the following course resources for internal re-accreditation:
- Sports tape & associated materials
Students who choose to undertake an external re-accreditation must source the required resources themselves
Please read and be familiar with all our training policies.
Level 2 Sports Trainer Re-Accreditation Courses
|Course Name||State||Location||Course Information||Start Date & Time||Price||Non Membership Price|
|Level 2 Sports Trainer Re-Accreditation||Queensland||Core Movement, Townsville, NQ||Practical Assessment:
11/06/2022 (12:00pm - 5:00pm)
|11-Jun-2022 @ 12:00 AM||$120.00|
|Level 2 Sports Trainer Re-Accreditation||Queensland||Sports House Milton||Practical Assessment:
10/07/2022 (12:00pm - 5:00pm)
|10-Jul-2022 @ 12:00 AM||$120.00|
|Level 2 Sports Trainer Re-Accreditation||Victoria||Mt Waverley Community Centre||Practical Assessment:
25/07/2022 (6:00pm - 9:00pm)
|25-Jul-2022 @ 6:00 PM||$80.00|