Becoming a Student Member of SMA can unlock significant opportunities for future career progression and advancement in the increasingly competitive sports medicine and sports science field.
From hands-on practical experience to building quality networks with sports medicine professionals, SMA membership can provide you with a substantial advantage over other candidates.
Student Members can take advantage of a range of exclusive member-only benefits including:
|Conferences, Networking and Professional Development Events|
|Career advancement, profile and recognition|
|Publications, Research and Industry News|
|Exclusive Sports Medicine Member-only Online Community: SMA Connect|
The Student Membership is FREE for students who meet the eligibility criteria below.
Student Membership is available to both Australian and International Students.
To be eligible for Student Membership, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in full-time education. Educational institutions which are able to be considered include Universities, TAFEs, and Business Academies.
- Be studying a degree relevant to sports medicine and exercise science. SMA will consider applications for membership from a range disciplines including (but is not limited to) sports medicine, sports science, exercise science, physiotherapy, podiatry, psychology, nutrition, osteopathy, chiropractic, physiology, biomechanics, dentistry, public health. If you are studying a course which is not listed, please feel free to contact the membership team on 1300 711 211 or email email@example.com for further information.
- Accept SMA’s Code of Ethics.
- Have no criminal convictions.
- Have no ruling or history of action determined to be injurious or prejudicial to the objects or interests of SMA, its members, or anything which may bring SMA into disrepute.
SMA’s Student Membership is capped at 4 years maximum.
Within 12 months of graduation, you will be eligible for SMA’s Recent Graduate Membership Category.
For students working as Sports Trainers, SMA’s Sports Trainer Member will ensure you are covered by insurance while working as a Sports Trainer, together with a range of other valuable benefits.Join Now
For further enquiries, please direct your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Membership team on 1300 711 211.