Professional membership with SMA provides invaluable multidisciplinary networks with like-minded allied health professionals and numerous opportunities for career progression and advancement in a competitive industry.
Professional Members can take advantage of a range of exclusive member-only benefits including:
|Conferences, Networking and Professional Development Events|
|Career advancement, profile and recognition|
|Publications, Research and Industry News|
$250AUD per year.
SMA Professional Membership is open to professionals across the sports medicine and sports science discipline, including but not limited to: Physiotherapists, GPs, Sports Doctors, Sports Physicians, Accredited Exercise Physiologists, Exercise Scientists, Sports Scientists, Physiologists, Biomechanists, Sports Dietitians, Sports Psychologists, Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Podiatrists, Physical Activity Academics and Researchers, Public Health Experts, Orthopaedic Surgeons and Teachers.
Sports Doctor Membership is a combined SMA/SDrA Membership open to all medical practitioners with a commitment to sports medicine, either within or outside Australia. SDrA is an affiliated professional discipline group of SMA.
To be eligible for Professional Membership, you must:
- Hold a recognised and approved, three-year (minimum) tertiary degree. Degree must be in a field related to sports medicine/sports science and approved by SMA’s National Board
- Provide copies of your qualifications
- Accept SMA’s Code of Ethics
- Have no criminal convictions
- Have no ruling or history of action determined to be injurious or prejudicial to the objects or interests of SMA, its members, or anything which may bring SMA into disrepute
- Uphold the vision, mission and values of Sports Medicine Australia.
For further enquiries, please direct your enquiry to [email protected] or call our Membership team on 1300 711 211.