Sports Trainer Membership
Sports Trainer Membership is the category of membership for people working as Sports Trainers from the community sport level right through to elite sports level.
SMA provides Sports Trainer Membership which includes a tailored insurance package prepared especially for working Sports Trainers.
Sports Trainer Members receive the following benefits:
- Access to Sports Trainer Insurance covering public liability and personal accident insurance.
- Access to the latest industry news through Sport Health and monthly member e-Newsletter.
- Full access to the SMA Membership Portal, a repository for exclusive, members-only content including webinars, podcasts, and other resources.
- Networking opportunities with other clubs, sports medicine professionals and key stakeholders in the industry through our publications, conferences and events.
- Discounted registration on the annual SMA Conference and other SMA professional development events held throughout the year.
- Ability to secure work as a Sports Trainer and get updates on opportunities before they are published on the SMA Jobs Board.
Eligibility for Sports Trainer membership is as follows:
- Current Sports Trainer Accreditation with SMA.
- Acceptance of the SMA Sports Trainer Code of Ethics.
- No criminal convictions.
- No ruling of action determined to be injurious or prejudicial to the objects or interests of SMA, its members or Sports Medicine, or which brings SMA into disrepute.
To be eligible for Sports Trainer Membership, you must hold a current SMA Level 1 or Level 2 Sports Trainer Accreditation. Please contact SMA on (03) 9674 8702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure of the status of your accreditation.
The cost of a Sports Trainer Membership is:
- Sports Trainer Membership with insurance is $180 per year.
- Sports Trainer Student Membership with insurance is $160 per year. (Please note, this is available to full-time students only. You must provide a copy of your student enrolment showing full-time study status on application).
Becoming a member is easy via our secure online portal. You can pay via MasterCard or Visa Credit Card. Alternatively, you can choose to have an invoice emailed to you with other payment options.
For further enquiries please contact our Membership Team on (03) 9764 8702 or email email@example.comBecome a Member