Sports Trainer Membership
Sports Medicine Australia’s (SMA) Sports Trainer Membership is highly encouraged for all working Sports Trainers: from community level sport right through to those involved in elite level sport.
A major benefit of Sports Trainer Membership is the specially tailored insurance package which has been carefully designed for working Sports Trainers. Despite even the best of training, as a working Sports Trainer, it is important to make sure you are adequately covered by insurance so you are covered for the worst case scenario.
SMA’s Sports Trainer Membership, with it’s carefully tailored insurance policy and numerous member benefits, is designed to equip Sports Trainers with the latest skills and information to make sure they are prepared for situations both on and off the field.
SMA’s Sports Trainer Members can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Sports Trainer Insurance which provides cover for public liability ($20 million), products liability ($20 million), professional indemnity ($10 million) and personal accident cover
- 10% discount off all SMA training and courses (including Nationally Recognised Training and Safer Sport courses)
- Printed copy of member magazine Sport Health from September 2018 onwards
- Digital subscription to British Journal of Sports Medicine (BJSM) for the latest research in the field (valued at approx. $310 AUD)
- Pathway for inclusion on medical teams at major sporting events including Commonwealth Games, Olympics and Masters Games
- Ability to secure work as a Sports Trainer via priority Job Alerts and monthly member communications before they are advertised publicly on the SMA Jobs Board.
- Access discounted SMA Member pricing on the annual SMA Conference and other SMA professional development events held throughout the year
- Ability to register for FREE ‘members-only’ professional development events and webinars
- Priority access to register for FREE Sports Medicine Australia events before they are advertised to the general public
- Access to the Membership Portal, a repository for exclusive ‘members-only’ content and resources
- Access to the latest industry news via our monthly member e-Newsletters
- Exceptional networking and interdisciplinary referral opportunities through our publications, conferences and events
To be eligible for Sports Trainer membership, applicants must:
- Have current Sports Trainer Accreditation completed with SMA (Either Level 1 Sports Trainer and/or Level 2 Sports Trainer)
- Accept SMA’s Sports Trainer Code of Ethics
- Have no criminal convictions
- Have no ruling or history of action determined to be injurious or prejudicial to the objects or interests of SMA, its members or Sports Medicine, or which brings SMA into disrepute.
Please contact SMA on (03) 9674 8702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like clarification regarding the status of your Sports Trainer accreditation.
There are two different membership options for Sports Trainers:
- Sports Trainer Membership (full) is $150 per year
- Sports Trainer Student Membership is $125 per year. (Please note, this is available to full-time students only. On application, you must provide a copy of your student enrolment showing full-time study status)
Become a Member
Becoming a member is easy via our secure online portal. You can pay via MasterCard or Visa Credit Card. Alternatively, you can choose to have an invoice emailed to you with other payment options.
For further enquiries please contact our Membership Team on (03) 9764 8702 or email email@example.comJoin Now