Recent Graduate Membership
Recent Graduate Membership is a category for sports medicine and sports science professionals who have graduated from an educational institution within the last 12 months.
This membership and can only be held for a maximum of two years.
Following this period, Recent Graduate Members will be upgraded to Professional Membership.
Recent Graduate Members receive the following member benefits:
- Thanks to our major sponsor ASICS, all new Recent Graduate Members of SMA will receive an ASICS merchandise pack worth up to $100 RRP upon joining. (This pack includes an ASICS shoe bag, ASICS drink bottle, ASICS reflective running band and a pair of ASICS socks).
- Networking opportunities via our publications, conferences and events.
- Discounted registration on SMA conference and professional development events held throughout the year.
- Access to the latest industry news through Sport Health and monthly member e-Newsletter.
- Online subscriptions to the latest sports medicine and sports science research through the Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport (JSAMS) and British Journal of Sports Medicine (BJSM).
- Pathway for inclusion on Olympic and Commonwealth Games Medical Teams
- Voting rights and eligibility to stand for SMA Board and State Council positions.
- Eligibility to apply for the prestigious SMA Fellowship after seven years’ membership.
- Eligibility for award consideration at the annual SMA Conference.
- Eligibility to apply for SMA Research Grants.
To be eligible for Recent Graduate Memberships you must:
- Complete a recognised and approved three-year (minimum) full-time tertiary degree in the last 12 months
- Provide copies of your qualifications
- Acceptance of the SMA Code of Ethics
- Have no criminal convictions
- Have no ruling or history of action determined to be injurious or prejudicial to the objects or interests of SMA, its members or the sports medicine discipline generally, which could bring SMA into disrepute.
The cost of a Recent Graduate Membership is $150 per year.
Becoming a member is easy via our secure online portal. You can pay via MasterCard or Visa Credit Card. Alternatively, you can choose to have an invoice emailed to you with other payment options.
For further enquiries please contact our Membership Team on (03) 9764 8702 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgBecome a Member