Sports Trainer – Season 2023
This role will assist the physiotherapists and club doctor in various medical situations as well as aiding in the preparation and care of players for training and matches.
- Assist Doctor & Physio in various medical situations as required
- Prepare players for trainings and games with taping and minor medical attention such as wound care, grazes, etc.
- Assist in Hydration Management by ensuring water bottles and sports drinks are adequately filled and supplied to players.
- Assist in the rehab of players if required through application of RICER procedure or massage as instructed by Doctor/Physio.
- Follow match day protocols by observing delegated area of the ground and carrying out their role.
Leadership & Culture
- Help to drive a strong and disciplined culture with players, coaches and staff which reflect the Williamstown core values
- Help to drive elite behaviours in players, coaches and staff
- Positive working relationship with all players, coaches and staff
Key Selection Criteria
- Current Working with Children Check – Mandatory
- Level 2 Sports Trainer or ability to gain Level 2 Sports Trainer certification- Mandatory
- Basic First Aid/CPR – Mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Direct Report to Head Sports Trainer for training & match scheduling
- Report into Physiotherapists & Doctor regarding all medical issues
- Work with VFL & VFLW medical teams and high performance teams
- Professional working relationship with all WFC coaches, players & staff
- Attendance at all VFL/VFLW training sessions held by the club as scheduled by Head Trainer
- Attendance at all pre-season practice matches as scheduled by Head Trainer
- Attendance at all VFL/VFLW matches as scheduled by Head Trainer
- Remuneration discussed upon application
- WFC to provide Club uniform
The support staff member acknowledges and agrees that the Club has entered into this Contract in good faith and to where possible preserve the best interests of its contractors. Notwithstanding this, the Club reserves the right to alter your payment under this Contract should the COVID-19 pandemic significantly impact the 2022 season, including by impacting the ability of the Club to generate revenue