OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Northern Knights Football Club is seeking motivated and enthusiastic people to contribute to our team of trainers for the remainder of the 2018 Season and the 2019 TAC Cup Season. These positions are ideal for anyone studying physiotherapy, osteopathy or any other human movement degree and wish to gain professional experience in an enjoyable environment working with some of the best young sportsmen in the state.
OVERVIEW OF CLUB
The Northern Knights Football Club is part of AFL Victoria’s talented pathway program operating in the Northern Metropolitan region of Victoria. The Northern Knights field a boys’ and a girls’ team in the TAC Cup, the state-wide elite Under 18 football competitions.
In addition to the TAC Cup squad, the club incorporates a U16 Squad designed to assist in the development of footballers 15 to 16 years of age, in preparation for TAC Cup football.
Successful applicants will be required, but not limited to completing the following tasks:
- In consultation with the Head Trainer, attend to the injury management needs of the Northern Knights U18 TAC Cup Squad, TAC Cup Girls Squad and U16 Squad
- Taping of players
- Icing players’ injuries where applicable
- Provide hydration (water) for the Training Squad and during games
- Providing massage therapy to players before and during the game
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
To be successful in this position you are required to possess the following:
- Level 1 Sports Trainer Certificate
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- Working With Children Check – Victoria
- Be available to work on Match Day (Saturday or Sunday)
- Be available to work an evening training session
Applications can be made by emailing Rhy Gieschen (email@example.com).