Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria and has experienced substantial growth and success in its short history.
About the Role:
A rare opportunity exists for a highly organised and focused Training and Logistics Manager to join our results driven Football Department. The Training and Logistics Manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating many elements across training, equipment, stock control, first aid and strapping, and game day in order to support the Football Department and playing group in both pre-season and season.
Key accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing planning input, participating in, and supporting all club training sessions.
- Ensuring all equipment required for training is available and in good order.
- Strapping players prior to commencement of training sessions.
- Monitoring players during training sessions and administration of acute injury management strategies and first aid as required.
- Holding accountability for all stock control and nominated operational budgets and management of relevant contra agreements by third party suppliers
- Coordinating planning and executing operations and logistics for the NRL Team for both home and away games.
- Ensuring that all necessary equipment is packed prior to game day including any required game day kit, strapping material and all other medical and other equipment required.
- Overseeing roles of nominated matchday volunteers.
- Helping players stretch and strap prior to kick off.
- Injury management of players during game, at half time and at the completion of the game.
- Undertaking the Orange Shirt Head Trainer role on game day.
Due to the nature of the role attendance at all Melbourne Storm Home and Away Games is required. The successful applicant must have availability on weekends and some weeknights and be able to travel in season.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum Level 2 Sports Medicine Australia Accreditation
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role within a football code
- Second to none organisation and time management skills, with a commitment to achieving deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to stay calm and focused under pressure
- A high level of initiative and a flexible and proactive approach
Please send a one-page application outlining your skills and experience and a covering letter to Ryan Hoffman via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5pm Friday 17 September