AusCycling is seeking expressions of interest from individuals to be part of its Medical Advisory Group.
The purpose of the Medical Advisory Group is to assist the management in setting policy and practices with relation to medical practices in events and training environments.
The key areas of focus of the Medical Advisory Group will include:
- to consider medical standards and requirements standards for all cycling disciplines;
- to provide direction on, and to review, AusCycling policies, guidelines, rules and regulations on medical, health and sports science topics;
- to consider medical issues raised by management and advise appropriate actions;
- to consider issues affecting the health and safety of riders and officials and formulate recommendations;
- to review critical incidents and report on the appropriateness of the response; and
- to evaluate event medical plans that are submitted by host of assigned major events to provide feedback staff on the appropriateness of the plans.
Terms Of Reference
Click to view the Medical Advisory Group Terms of Reference.
The Committee will consist of a minimum of five (5) people, up to a maximum of nine (9) people with the following areas of knowledge, expertise, experience and regard to diversity:
- a strong understanding of cycling event medical requirements;
- an understanding of safety issues related to sport (particularly cycling); and
- medical trauma expertise