An exciting opportunity to join Australia’s peak multidisciplinary authority for sports medicine, sports science and physical activity. Work with a team who are passionate about achieving our vision of enhanced health outcomes for all Australians through knowledge, training, and safe participation in sport, exercise, and physical activity.
Reporting to the CEO, bring your extensive experience from within a membership-based organisation to help revitalise our member value proposition, boost engagement, and secure strategic partners that bring value to our members.
Your key responsibilities:
- Defining and boosting our member value proposition – improving access to and the value of member benefits
- Develop strategic relationships with sponsors, partners and advertisers, from research through to contract negotiation.
- Develop member engagement strategies: Co-designing events, online community/forum, improving member experience across all our platforms, working closely with our Marketing and Events team to design our events calendar
- Membership administration – managing and developing our systems and performance metrics
- Administer our annual governance events (AGMs, elections)
- Business Development – Design and promote our partner prospectus and manage sponsorship opportunities
- Team Support – Provide support to our education team, policy development, grants, councils, committees as required
- Member services – Ensure our members are provided with the highest level of customer services and identify ways to improve how we service them.
- You have experience working within a membership organisation, and understand what it means to be “member-centric”.
- You will have experience researching, sourcing and negotiating with commercial sponsors and strategic partners
- You have designed and led various membership campaigns: acquisition, retention/renewals, and have experience trialing and learning from new ways to engage members and enhance the member value proposition
- You bring a collaborative approach to your work, enjoy working with a broad stakeholder group, and regularly seek feedback
- You are a leader, and bring people along with your journey.
This is a part-time role at four days per week but will consider alternative structures or combinations for the right candidate.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our organisation as we embark on a new strategic direction. We offer a flexible working arrangement (a mix of working from home vs office) with our offices co-located with several like-minded organisations. If this sounds like you, please get in touch.
To apply for this position, please click here.