The Glenroy Football club are seeking expressions of interest from passionate and motivated people who want to be part of a great community club for the Head Trainer and general trainers positions for season 2022 and beyond.
Positions open to but not limited to fully qualified and student practitioners as well as suitable qualified trainers.
Our club is affiliated with the Essendon District Football League in its premier division of football.
We are very much a family based club with amazing facilities, people and culture.
We off attractive remuneration packages which are negotiable dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Summary of duties to follow.
Manage the Glenroy Football Club trainers through the provision of preventative and rehabilitation strapping services and administration of first aid services to players during training and on match days.
Working in with:
- Operations Manager
- Senior Coach
- Head Strength & Conditioning
- Trainer Assistant (2IC)
- At each training or match, tape players requiring preventative or rehabilitation
- On match days provide an on-field service to players; assess and recommend on injury treatment and/or
- Establish and maintain adequate taping and other relevant medical supplies for training and match Liaise with the Operations Manager where additional supplies are needed.
- Monitor players’ rehabilitation and advise team coaches and selectors about players’ progress and readiness to resume training or
- Refer players for specialist treatment .
- Maintain current professional qualifications; advise the club on treatment services and trends; recommend the adoption of state of the art services and equipment
- Coordination through Operations Manager of trainers for training and match day
- Coordination of personal development for trainers, including requalfication, new training requirements (ie defib), and other
- Effective and safe strapping is provided at each training session/competition match;
- Safe on-field treatment services are provided at each competition match;
- Player readiness for training and competition is assessed and discussed with coaching staff each week and on an on-going basis
Murray Nilsson – GFC President – 0418 589 325
Craig Yorsten – Football Operations – 0411 252 088