The Fremantle Football Club (also known as the Fremantle Dockers) are seeking a Head Doctor to take a leading role in our Medical Services team.
This is an ideal role for a suitably qualified individual who has a passion for sport and possess the soft skills required to engage, encourage and lead others from within an innovative, collaborative, and high-performing team.
Contracted as a part-time consultant and reporting to the Head of Medical Services, you will be responsible for leading a team of Club Doctors in the delivery of effective and timely medical services.
These services will be spread across the team to ensure coverage of all pre-season and in-season requirements, including home and away fixtures, training, rehabilitation, and others by agreement. A comprehensive list of these services will be discussed with you upon application and will include:
- Evaluating and determining a player’s fitness to play/train.
- Conducting medical screening for new and existing players.
- Educating players about relevant medical matters, including concussion management, supplement management, controlled treatments, illicit drugs, anti-doping, and other relevant regulations.
- Overseeing the diagnosis, treatment, referral, and documentation of medical interventions, including the facilitation or coordination of medical appointments, imaging, specialist reviews, and other medical investigations as required.
- Collaborating with other club medical personnel to provide medical context to training and injury management plans.
All terms of engagement will be discussed upon application, including contract term, roster, remuneration, and other benefits that the Club can extend. We will also assist you with establishing an external private practice engagement if desired, including interstate candidates seeking to relocate to WA.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Prior experience in an elite athlete medical program
- Demonstrate a personable and collaborative approach
- AHPRA Medical Doctor Registration
- Valid Working with Children Check
- Personal Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance