SMA Conference Science and Medicine Advisory Committee
Sports Medicine Australia (SMA) is calling for Expressions of Interest from professional members who would like to join the SMA Conference Science and Medicine Advisory Committee to develop the science and medicine program for the 2019 SMA Conference to be held from 23 – 26 October 2019.
The roles and responsibilities of the Committee shall include:
- Selection of keynote and invited speakers for the Conference and approval of their presentations/involvement;
- Review and select abstracts for inclusion (oral or poster) and coordinate papers into sessions for the Scientific Program;
- Coordinate other aspects of the Scientific Program (i.e. workshops and symposia; pre-and post-conference workshops and presentations);
- Select chairs for Conference sessions;
- Select hosts for keynote speakers; and,
- Attend all organised meetings at the Conference.
The Committee should represent the multi-disciplinary nature of SMA as an organisation and contain members drawn from private practice and public-sector research institutions (such as universities).
The candidate would ideally fulfil one or more criteria below:
- Working within at least one of the above and an ability to work across other disciplines;
- Demonstrated publication record or equivalent experience;
- Commitment to be available to attend key committee meetings, approximately one per month; Willing to actively contribute on the committee as part of a team. For example: be willing and able to use networks and approach colleagues and individuals to invite as keynotes or speakers.