2019 SMA Board Nominations
Sports Medicine Australia (SMA) is seeking nominations from current SMA professional members for the Board of Directors.
There are five (5) Director positions which will be vacated for re-election at the SMA AGM to be held at the 2019 ASICS SMA Conference at the Novotel Twin Waters, Sunshine Coast on Thursday 24 October 2019.
This represents a great opportunity for those with the skills, expertise and enthusiasm to make a difference to one of the world’s great multidisciplinary sports medicine organisations.
Nominees must be current full professional members of SMA and you must be nominated by a full professional member of SMA.
The following attributes are being sought for these positions:
- Connection and experience with the sports medicine industry
- Corporate governance experience
- Business experience and acumen
- A desire to make a difference in the sports medicine industry
- A positive and proactive approach to advocacy and promotion of SMA
The following eligibility requirements also apply:
- All elected Directors must be subscribed and financial members of Sports Medicine Australia
- The Board of Directors must comprise of residents from at least four different State and Territories
- The Board of Directors must not comprise a majority of Directors whose principal vocation is in the same discipline
Applications close at 5pm AEST Tuesday 24th September 2019.Download Application Form