Sports Trainer Membership
Sports Medicine Australia (SMA) is pleased to offer Sports Trainer Membership and an insurance package prepared especially for the working Sports Trainer. SMA has worked tirelessly in the current unpredictable insurance market to secure a new policy and membership package.
Benefits of Membership
- Sports Trainer Insurance
- Subscription to Sport Health
- Discount on SMA publications and other merchandise
- Free Smartplay injury prevention material (New)
- Reduced cost for registration to SMA Conferences
- Access to the Member Benefits program
Our Sports Insurance policy will provide:
Sports Liability Cover
- Public Liability ($10 Million)
- Products Liability ($10 Million)
- Professional Indemnity ($5 Million)
- Capital Benefits (Death and total disablement $70,000)
- Loss of Income ($300 a week up to 52 weeks)
- Medical Benefits (non Medicare costs up to $1,500)
The Sports Trainers insurance policy is covered by Jardine Lloyd Thompson Australia. For more details about JLTA, click here click here.
This Policy is only available to SMA Accredited Sports Trainers practicing in Australia and New Zealand.
The Policy operates while a sports trainer is working in activities involving:
- playing in club, representative, state or national matches
- training routines arranged by the club, league, association or federation
- travelling directly to or from the above activities and residence or place of employment or club premise
- staying away from home during a tour for the purpose of participating in representative matches
- an administrative capacity or organised social and fundraising activities
It is important to take out this policy. Many National Sporting Organisations have indicated they do not provide insurance cover for Sports Trainers involved in their sport. In these increasingly litigious times, SMA recommends all Sports Trainers working with athletes, teams, or clubs in any sport, seek appropriate insurance cover.
Membership gives you 12 months insurance cover and is current from date of payment received at SMA National Office.
Sports Trainer membership costs $170. The rate for Full-time students is $150*.
*must provide a copy of your Student card showing Full-time study status.
These prices are correct as at 1 February 2011.
NB all prices are GST inclusive.
How do I become a Member?
To be eligible for Sports Trainer Membership, you must be currently accredited with SMA. Please contact SMA if you are unsure of the status of your accreditation.
It is the policy holder’s responsibility to ensure their SMA Sports Trainer Accreditation is current. The insurance policy is only valid whilst the policy holder’s SMA Sports Trainer accreditation is current. The policy is void at any period during which the policy holder’s SMA Sports Trainer Accreditation lapses.
|If you would prefer to download an application form for Sports Trainer Membership, click on the icon to the left. NB Sports Trainer Members must abide by the Sports Trainer Code of Ethics. Click HERE to view the Code of Ethics.
For further enquiries please contact Brigid Doherty on 02 8116 9815 or email email@example.com
|Please note, this policy is only available to SMA accredited Sports Trainers. If you require insurance to work as a Personal Trainer, Fitness Leader or Soft Tissue Therapist, please contact Kirsten at JLT on 03 9613 1487 for further insurance options.|