SMA MEMBERSHIP SERVICES AND BENEFITS
There are many benefits of membership to SMA including:
• Inclusion in our National and State referral networks which incorporates printed membership directories and a web based directory giving the community greater access to qualified sports medicine and science practitioners.
• Increased profile for health professionals involved in sports medicine and physical activity via SMA’s media and profiling activities.
• Subscriptions to the SMA publications Sport Health (quarterly) and the Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport (JSMS).
• Access to free Educational Material, including policies and guidelines for safer sport.
• Access to multi-disciplinary educational workshops and seminars at a reduced rate. (The discounted rate for the Australian Conference of Science and Medicine in Sport alone covers the cost of membership).
• Access to the Member Benefits program which includes discounts on travel, cars, shopping, telecommunications and many other categories.
More information about the SMA Professional Member Benefits Click here
Full members also receive:
• Voting rights and eligibility to stand for Board positions.
• Access to the Professional Buyers program which includes discounts on ASICS shoes.
• Access to Practice Branding allowing you to use the SMA logo to boost your profile and your practices.
SMA Membership Services and Benefits
(Sports Trainer Members)
Benefits of Membership
There are many benefits of sports trainer membership of SMA including:
• Sports Trainer Insurance
• 15% Discount on Asics products at Rebel Sport stores (New)
• Subscription to Sport Health
• Subscription to Soft Tissue Therapy eMag (free publication)
• Discount on SMA publications and other merchandise
• Free Smartplay injury prevention material (New)
• Reduced cost for registration to SMA Conferences
For more information on Sports Trainer Member benefits Click here
Additional SMA Queensland Sports Trainer Membership Benefits:
- Free listing on the SMA QLD Sports Trainer Online Membership Directory
- Free Sports Trainer member continuing education seminars
- Useful Sports Trainer merchandise including Injury Report Forms and Sports Trainer shirts.
SMA Sports Trainer Insurance Policy:
Sports Medicine Australia (SMA) is pleased to offer Sports Trainer Membership an insurance package prepared especially for the working Sports Trainer. SMA has worked tirelessly in the current unpredictable insurance market to secure a suitable policy and membership package.
The Sports Trainer Insurance policy provides:
Sports Liability Cover
- Public Liability ($10 Million)
- Products Liability ($10 Million)
- Professional Indemnity ($5 Million)
- Capital Benefits (Death and total disablement $70,000)
- Loss of Income ($300 a week up to 52 weeks)
- Medical Benefits (non Medicare costs up to $1,500)
This Policy is available to SMA Accredited Sports Trainers practicing in Australia and New Zealand and operates while a sports trainer is working in activities involving:
- playing in club, representative, state or national matches
- training routines arranged by the club, league, association or federation
- travelling directly to or from the above activities and residence or place of employment or club premise
- staying away from home during a tour for the purpose of participating in representative matches
- an administrative capacity or organised social and fundraising activities
It is important to take out this policy. SMA has written to National Sporting Organisations (NSOs) to discover whether Sports Trainers are covered by their NSO indemnity insurance policies. Many NSOs have written back saying Trainers are not covered, or not always covered. These include Softball Australia, Skate Australia and Baseball Australia. Others like Tennis and the National Rugby League have requested Trainers have their own insurance cover.
Sports Trainer Membership gives you 12months insurance cover and is current from date of payment received at SMA National Office.