As it is a goal of the Safer Sport Program (SSP) to reach more people in the active community SMA NSW has developed specific course programs for school groups to assist in the NSW PD/H/PE Syllabus.
Through education of the basic principles of first aid and sports medicine, participants gain a greater awareness of the prevention, assessment, management and referral processes of sporting injuries.
SMA Courses at Schools
SMA NSW can offer the following courses at schools:
- Sports First Aid
- Level 1 Sports Trainer Course
- Combined Sports First Aid & Level 1 Sports Trainer Course
- Spinal Injury Management Course
- Elastoplast Strap Smart Course
- Sports Medicine Awareness Course
- Combined Elastoplast Strap Smart & Sports Medicine Awareness Course
Course Location & Presenter Information
SMA NSW can arrange for a qualified and experienced presenter to come on site at a time that is appropriate for your school. Course delivery is flexible and programs can be tailored to meet specific curriculum objectives.
For more information please contact the SMA NSW Office on (02) 8116 9815 or firstname.lastname@example.org.