Through education of the basic principles of first aid and sports medicine, students can gain a greater awareness of the prevention, assessment, management and referral processes of sporting injuries which can not only be applied to meet the requirements of electives but also provide a safe playing environment within the school system.
Accredited Courses – Aligned to a National Training Package
SMA ACT offer a combination of accredited and non-accredited courses within schools. All these courses can be tailored to the course curriculum to meet the school syllabus.
* CPR – HLTCPR211A Perform CPR
* Sports First Aid – HLTFA311A Apply First Aid, equivalent to senior first aid
- SRSSPT001A Implement injury prevention and apply basic sport first aid
- SRSSPT003A Implement sports first aid procedures and apply sports first aid
- SRSSPT004A Apply initial management of sports injuries
* Level 1 Sports Trainer Course
- SRSSPT002A Operate in accord with the accepted roles and responsibilities of a sports trainer
- SRSSPT005A Conduct basic warm-up, stretching and cool-down programs
- SRSSPT006A Assist with the ongoing management of sports injuries
- SRSSPT007A Tape ankle, thumb and finger
- SRSSPT008A Implement strategies for dealing with medical conditions in a sport setting.
* Spinal Injury Management Course
* Elastoplast Strap Smart Course – SRSSPT007A Tape ankle, thumb and finger
* Sports Medicine Awareness Course
* Combined Elastoplast Strap Smart & Sports Medicine Awareness Course
SMA ACT can arrange for a qualified and experienced presenter to present any of the above courses within your school. Teaching resources are also available for a suitably qualified teacher to present. Course delivery is flexible and programs can be tailored to meet specific curriculum objectives.