Resources and Advice
Sports Medicine Australia had produced a variety of resources to help the sporting community prepare for events, prevent injury and how to manage injuries when they occur.
Navigate through the Resources and Advice sub-menus, to find more on:
- guidelines for exercising in hot weather, infectious diseases information regarding blood rules, Children Safety guidelines in sport and recreation, Women in Sport fact sheets, physical activity for older people, and pre-exercise screening tools
- easy-to-understand Sports First Aid information for Asthma, Head Injuries, Dental injuries; with resources: injury reporting forms & medical profile forms
- SMA has a range of programs for the community which promote physical activity through safe participation, eg. Smartplay, Oz on the Move, Sports Injury Tracker, CleanEdge
- In partnership with SMA, Pfizer has produced Healthy Exercise and Inactivity reports. Listed are some other Sports Injury Prevention reports
- The Australian Sports Injury Data Dictionary has been developed to provide guidelines for injury data collection and classification for the prevention and control of injury in sport and recreation. The dictionary is written to assist sporting and recreation organisations, researchers, sports medicine professionals, first aiders and individual clubs collect information on sports injury.
- Other useful links that promote the benefits of physical activity and healthy eating, like 10,000 Steps and AusPAnet