Recent Graduate Membership
Recent Graduate Membership is the category for sports medicine and sports science professionals that have graduated from University less than 12 months earlier. This particular membership and can only be held for a maximum of two years.
- Completion of a recognised and approved, three-year (minimum) full time tertiary degree
- Acceptance of the SMA Code of Ethics
- No criminal convictions
- No ruling of action determined to be injurious or prejudicial to the objects or interests of the Federation, its Members or Sport Medicine, or which brings the Federation of Sports Medicine into disrepute
- Thanks to our major sponsor ASICS, all new recent graduate members of SMA will now receive an ASICS Merchandise Pack worth up to $100 in value as part of joining.
- Full access to the Member Portal, a repository for webinars, podcasts, and resources
- Inclusion within an online referral directory maximising exposure throughout the industry, among members and the broader community.
- Networking and interdisciplinary referral opportunities through our publications, conferences and events
- Discounted registration on SMA run Conference and Events held throughout the year
- Access to the latest industry news through Sport Health, the Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport (JSAMS), British Journal of Sports Medicine (BJSM) and monthly member eNews.
- Voting rights and eligibility to stand for Board positions
- Access to Practice Branding – allowing you to use the SMA logo to boost your profile and your practice
- Ability to apply for the ASICS Professional Buyers Program to receive 35 per cent off four pairs of shoes per calendar year.
The cost of a Recent Graduate Membership $150 per year for two years. After this two-year period, Recent Graduate members will be upgraded to a Full Professional Membership.
Click here to join online via a secure portal. You can pay via credit card by using either MasterCard or Visa. Alternatively, you can choose to have an invoice emailed to you with other payment options listed.
If you prefer, you can download a copy of the PDF Application form. Complete all parts of the application form and return it to SMA.
Upon applying, please provide certified copies of qualifications and/or a personal recommendation from another SMA Full Member.
For further enquiries please contact Emily Coughlan on (03) 9674 8702 or email email@example.com