Recent Graduate Membership
Recent Graduate Membership is a category for sports medicine and sports science professionals who have graduated from an educational institution within the last 12 months.
This membership and can only be held for a maximum of two years.
Following this period, Recent Graduate Members will be upgraded to Professional Membership.
Recent Graduate Members receive the following member benefits:
- Thanks to our major sponsor ASICS, all new Recent Graduate Members of SMA will receive an ASICS merchandise pack worth up to $100 rrp upon joining. (ASICS shoe bag, ASICS drink bottle, ASICS reflective running band )
- Full access to the Member Portal, a repository for webinars, podcasts, and resources.
- Networking and interdisciplinary referral opportunities through our publications, conferences and events.
- Discounted registration on SMA conference and professional development events held throughout the year.
- Access to the latest industry news through Sport Health and monthly member e-News.
- Access to the latest sports medicine and sports science research through the Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport (JSAMS) and British Journal of Sports Medicine (BJSM).
- Voting rights and eligibility to stand for SMA Board positions;
- Access to Practice Branding – allowing you to use the SMA logo to boost your profile and your practice.
- Ability to apply for the ASICS Professional Buyers Program to receive 35 per cent off four pairs of shoes per calendar year.
To be eligible for Recent Graduate Memberships you must:
- Complete a recognised and approved three-year (minimum) full-time tertiary degree in the last 12 months
- Provide copies of your qualifications
- Acceptance of the SMA Code of Ethics
- have no criminal convictions
- have no ruling or history of action determined to be injurious or prejudicial to the objects or interests of SMA, its Members or Sports Medicine, or which brings SMA into disrepute.
The cost of a Recent Graduate Membership is $150 per year.
Click here to join online via a secure portal. You can pay via credit card by using either MasterCard or Visa. Alternatively, you can choose to have an invoice emailed to you with other payment options listed.
For further enquiries please contact our Membership Team on (03) 9674 8702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org