Student Membership is the category for people studying in the sports medicine and sports science area. People studying in other areas can also qualify. To be eligible for Student Membership applicants must be enrolled in full time education. Education facilities include Universities, TAFEs, Business Academies etc.
Examples of Student Members’ degrees:
(This list is not exhaustive)
Dietitians: Bachelor of Health Sciences (Nutrition & Dietetics)
Medicine: Bachelor of Medicine
Physiotherapy: Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Sports Science: Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Movement, Sports Studies)
Education: Bachelor of Physical Education
Podiatry: Bachelor of Health Science (Podiatry)
Psychology: Bachelor of Psychology
There are many benefits of membership to SMA including:
- Access to National and State referral networks which incorporates printed membership directories and a web based directory providing greater access to qualified sports medicine and science practitioners.
- Networking opportunities through our publications Sport Health as well as at our Conferences.
- Access to multi-disciplinary educational workshops and seminars at a reduced rate
- Access to Educational Material, including policies and guidelines for safer sport
- Access to the Member Benefits program
Alternatively, download PDF Application form. Complete all parts of the application form and return it to SMA along with a photocopy of your full-time student card
For further enquiries please contact Brigid Doherty on 02 8116 9815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org