Recent Graduate Membership
Recent Graduate Membership is the category for sports medicine and sports science professionals that have graduated from University less than 12 months earlier. To be eligible for Recent Graduate Membership, applicants must have completed a 3 year full time tertiary degree that is recognised and approved by the SMA National Board.
The profession of most Recent Graduate Members are Physiotherapists, GPs, Sports Doctors, Sports Physicians, Exercise Scientists, Sports Dietitians, Sports Pscyhologists, Podiatrists, Physical Activity Academics and Researchers, Public Health experts, Orthopaedic Surgeons and PE teachers.
Examples of recognised degrees:
(This list is not exhaustive)
Dietitians “ Bachelor of Health Sciences (Nutrition & Dietetics)
Medicine “ Bachelor of Medicine
Physiotherapy “ Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Sports Science “ Bachelor of Applied Science (Human, Movement)
Education “ Bachelor of Physical Education
Podiatry “ Bachelor of Health Science (Podiatry)
Psychology “ Bachelor of Psychology
There are many benefits of membership to SMA including:
- Inclusion in our National and State referral networks which incorporates printed membership directories and a web based directory giving the community greater access to qualified sports medicine and science practitioners.
- Networking opportunities through our publications Sport Health and the Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport (JSMS) as well as at our Conferences.
- Access to multi-disciplinary educational workshops and seminars at a reduced rate
- Access to Educational Material, including policies and guidelines for safer sport
- Access to the Member Benefits program
Recent Graduate members also receive:
- Voting rights and eligibility to stand for Board positions
- The JSMS and Sport Health (printed quarterly)
- Access to the Professional Buyers program which includes discounts on ASICS shoes
- Access to Practice Branding allowing you to use the SMA logo to boost your profile and your practices
Click here to join online via a secure portal. You can pay via Mastercard or Visa credit card. Alternatively you can choose to have an invoice emailed to you with other payment options.
Alternatively, download PDF Application form. Complete all parts of the application form and return it to SMA along with certified copies of qualifications and/or a personal recommendation from another SMA Full Member.
For further enquiries please contact Brigid Doherty on 02 8116 9815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org