The focus of this seminar is to highlight the important role that sports medicine and sports science professionals play in developing, supporting and preparing athletes to compete at the elite level with a particular focus on the recent Winter Olympics and the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.
Sports medicine and sports science practitioners involved in supporting the athletes for these events, and two Australian athletes who also competed will contribute to the seminar.
- Mr Peter Hogg – Sports Physiotherapist, Winter Olympics Pyeong Chang and past 6 Winter Olympics. (Noosa Sports and Spinal Physiotherapy, Noosaville)
- Professor Richard Telford – Coach and sports scientist to Michael Shelley, Gold Medallist Men’s Marathon, and Lisa Weightman, Silver medallist, Women’s Marathon at the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Gold Coast (University of Canberra).
- Dr Maria Constantinou – Polyclinic Physiotherapy and Team Physiotherapy Programs Coordinator for the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games
- Mr Mark Brown – Venue Medical Manager for Aquatics, Triathlon and Marathon Commonwealth Games (Australian Catholic University)
- Ms Britteny Cox – Australian mogul skier – placed 5th at the Pyeong Chang 2018 Winter Olympics
- Ms Mel Panayiotou – Australian marathon runner – placed 8th in the 2014 Commonwealth Games, Glasgow
5:30pm – 6:00pm – Registrations and Networking Drinks
6:00pm – 8:00pm – Seminar
8:00pm – 9:00pm – Panel Discussion with Participating Athletes and Speakers
Registration is Essential:
SMA Members – $15
Non SMA Member – $20