Download the free paper podium presentation guidelines here
Download the poster presentation guidelines here
Download the workshop presentation guidelines here
This conference will focus on the theme of “Sport and exercise medicine – Theory, practice and research” giving delegates a scientific forum for professionals from many fields and disciplines to share in the latest research, practice and policies relating to safe participation in physical activity.
Dates and deadlines
Abstract submission deadline: Midnight 31 March 2012 Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time
Notification to authors: 31 May 2012
Deadline for registration for presenting authors: 31 August 2012
All abstracts will be reviewed by Scientific Committees, which will make recommendations as to the type of presentation (oral or poster).
- The Committees will allocate papers to oral and poster sessions according to:
- Assessment of the abstract by reviewers (with blinding of authors)
- Innovation and importance for the field
- Topicality and ‘fit’ with the program
- Program constraints
- The final decision rests with the Scientific Committees. The Committees reserve the right to specify the format via which the presentation is to be made. The number of oral presentations is limited.
- Individuals will be allowed to present (ie be first author on) a maximum of TWO oral presentations and TWO posters at the Conference. Individuals may be named as co-authors on additional papers / posters.
- Oral presentations will be allocated to sessions with varied formats. These will include standard oral presentations (8 minutes with 2 minutes for questions), panels, symposia and other formats as judged by the committee.
- Session Chairs will facilitate the timing of each presentation to ensure that these times are strictly adhered to and that there is opportunity for questions.
- Posters must be a maximum of AO in size (Portrait – 0.84 metres wide x 1.18 metres high).